Founder and principal designer Barbara Genda shares her tips on how to create useful storage in bathrooms.
- Utilise wasted space by choosing a basin with a deep drawer unit that features drawer organisers and internal drawers to house toiletries. Vertical units work particularly well in smaller bathrooms and have plenty of shelves and practical options for towels.
- You will get on average 30-40% more storage from a fitted piece of furniture in comparison to a freestanding one. A well-designed wall mounted double vanity unit will give a more luxurious feel that’s also more practical.
- Cleverly conceal storage cabinets behind mirrors for further storage space. These designs have shallow but very useful storage behind them to house essentials.
- Conceal all pipe work behind the walls and use recessed spotlights for a practical, modern look that streamlines the space.
- You can maximise storage both in traditional styled bathrooms and modern ones very effectively with a little bit of thought and planning. We often forget about bathroom storage and end up seeing beautiful minimal schemes ending up cluttered with bottles on the surfaces. Ask your bathroom designer to include storage details and choose a cabinetmaker to produce the style and scheme you are after.