A woman has died after choking on food at a recently opened steakhouse in Aberdeen.
Police and paramedics attended the Miller and Carter restaurant at the junction with Union Street and Broad Street last Saturday night at 7.10pm after the woman, in her 40s, began choking.
The woman was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary by ambulance, but medics were unable to save her and she died late on Wednesday, The Scotsman newspaper has reported tonight.
It is understood the woman was local to the north-east area.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called, along with the ambulance service, at 7.10pm on Saturday, 25 August, in relation to concerns for a woman who was unwell.
“Police assisted paramedics at the scene and officers did what they could, and she was taken in an ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
“Police were made aware that the woman has since passed away.”
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We dispatched one ambulance, a paramedic response unit and a Wildcat responder to the scene.
“One female patient was transported to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.”