Train commuters are experiencing delays and cancellations after safety inspections force closure of the Dingwall line.
ScotRail has terminated a number of services on the Inverness to Dingwall route as engineers work to carry out safety inspections of the track.
A statement said: “Train services between Kyle Of Lochalsh and Inverness may be terminated at and started back from Dingwall. All stations between Inverness and Dingwall will not be served.
“For safety reasons we are unable to run trains between Dingwall and Muir of Ord. Our staff have been mobilised and will be onsite at approximately 2:30pm. We will update you once we have more information.”
- 1.35pm Inverness to Kyle Of Lochalsh
- 2pm Inverness to Wick
- 2.50pm Inverness to Invergordon
- 3:51pm Invergordon to Inverness
A bus replacements is in place to help customers complete their journey.
Train tickets are being accepted on Stagecoach North services that include:
• Inverness to Wick (via Beauly, Muir of Ord, Conon Bridge, Dingwall, Alness, Invergordon, Fearn, Tain, Golspie, Brora, Helmsdale, Georgemas, Thurso and Georgemas)
- Inverness to Dingwall (via Beauly, Muir of Ord and Conon Bridge)