It’s been a good day for completing deals. And it’s been a good day for transfer gossip too.
With big cash and even bigger talk being thrown around like it’s transfer deadline day, this SPFL roundup is not one to be missed.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Kilmarnock have slammed Oldham Athletic for a derisory £50,000 bid for Euro 2016 star Josh Magennis. (Daily Record)
- Aston Villa say there have been no further bids from Celtic for forward Scott Sinclair with four offers, including the most recent bid of £2.8m, turned down. (Herald)
- Birmingham look set to make an improved £400,000 bid for Dundee man Greg Stewart, who is out of contract next summer. (Courier)
- Celtic target Wes Hoolahan has signed a new deal with Norwich, committing to a further two years at Carrow Road. (Daily Record)
- Former Celtic defender Kelvin Wilson is set to move to Rotherham following a medical later this afternoon.
- Fulham have told Norwich City that Scotland striker Ross McCormack, 29, will not leave for less than his £15m buyout clause. (GetWestLondon)
- Rumours suggest that Dundee were looking to take one of Nadir Ciftci, Gary-Mackay Steven or Scott Allan to Dens Park on loan. (Various)
- However none of these deals will go through, as the three players try to play their way into Brendan Rodgers’ plans at Celtic Park. (Evening Telegraph)
- Scottish Under 17s player Kyle McAllister could be set for a Premiership move. The St Mirren midfielder apparently is on the radar of Stoke, Leicester and Aston Villa. (Daily Record)
- Former Livingston and Dundee United goalkeeper Marc McCallum has signed with Plymouth Argyle.
- Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Leroy Sane for a whopping £37million.
- Chelsea’s Baba Rahman has joined Schalke on a season-long loan.
- Former Tottenham and AC Milan midfielder is heading for the Canary Islands after signing for La Liga side Las Palmas.
- Former Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor has swapped the East Coast for the West Coast by signing for MLS side Portland Timbers.
- Former Arsenal and Barcelona midfielder Alex Song has signed for Russian side Rubin Kazan.
South of the Border
- Scotland international Gordon Greer is set to sign for Championship side Blackburn Rovers. The 35-year-old is regarded as a potential replacement for fellow-Scot Grant Hanley.
- Leicester City have given unlimited transfer funds to manager Claudio Ranieri as he looks to strengthen his squad for their Premier League title defence. (Sun)
- Chelsea have told Everton that their next bid for striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, will be a take-it-or-leave-it offer. The Blues sold Lukaku to Everton two years ago and Everton are adamant they will not sell for less than £75m. (The Times)
- Swansea’s Wales international captain Ashley Williams, 31, is on the brink of a £10m move to Everton. (South Wales Evening Post)
Celtic captain Scott Brown claims Aberdeen will be the biggest threat to their title defence this season.
The Hoops are going for their sixth consecutive title and have a new challenge in the form of a rejuvenated Rangers following their four-year journey through the lower leagues.
But Brown cited the Dons and Hearts as the ones to watch out for ahead of his side’s opening Ladbrokes Premiership game at Tynecastle on Sunday.