While the current residents’ wallpaper and family trinkets are on display, it can be hard to imagine a market home as your own.
You might not like the green carpet or the kitchen which hasn’t been done-up since the ’70s, but a little imagination can go a long way.
And to get you started on finding the perfect abode, here’s 11 ready for your choice of interior in Aberdeenshire.
1) Chevalli, Drumoak, Banchory
With offers starting at £340,000, this three-bed home will look fantastic following a touch of modern decor.
2) Carbyne, 69 King Edward Street, Fraserburgh
Offers begin at £30,000 and the full schedule is available here.
3) Glencoe, 24 The Square, Buckie
Offers start at £129,00 and is being marketed by Stewart & Watson.
4) 7 East Park Road, Kintore, Inverurie
Offers begin at £260,00 and it is marketed by Laurie & Co
5) 3 High Street, Sandhaven, Fraserburgh
It’s also in need of some TLC maintenance, but at £70,000, you can hardly say no.
Read the full schedule here.
6) 65 Arnhall Drive, Westhill
Offers begin at £265,000 from Aberdein Considine.
7) The Schoolhouse, Monaltrie Crescent, Ballater
Offers begin at £300,000 and is available via Mackinnons.
8) 27 Woodend Crescent, Aberdeen
With offers starting at £300,000, this three-bed is available from Ledingham Chalmers.
9) 6 Kinkell Road, Aberdeen
This cosy three-bed home will be amazing after a good makeover. Offers begin at £315,000.
10) 58 Newlands Crescent, Aberdeen
Have a look at Mackie & Dewar for more information.
11) 13 Caledonian Place, Aberdeen
With lots of room to add you own personal stamp, this three-bed is available from £320,000 and is marketed by Gavin Bain & Company.