Veteran singer Rod Stewart and orbiting British astronaut Tim Peake are among 1,149 people to be acclaimed in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
Other well-known faces to be honoured include Forces’ sweetheart Dame Vera Lynn, TV duo Ant and Dec, actor Brian Blessed and actress Penelope Wilton.
Here is a brief look at the people from the Highlands and islands to be included on the Queen’s list.
Simply click on each person’s name for more details on why they have been honoured.
- David Ewan Cameron, Director Community Land Scotland. For services to Community Land Ownership (Isle of Harris)
- John Ormond Challis, Trustee, The Raven Trust. For services to charity in Malawi (Strachur, Argyll and Bute)
- Dr John Donald Munro Gordon, Honorary Fellow, Scottish Association for Marine Science. For services to Science. (Oban, Argyll and Bute)
- Cecilia Lyle McCafferty, For services to Highland Dancing and charity.
- Richard Norman McKenzie, Treasurer, Argyll and Bute Branch, SSAFA, For Voluntary service to Ex-Service Personnel (Argyll & Bute).
- Sarah Margaret Katharine (Alpha) Munro, For services to the Arts and to People with Additional Support Needs in Ross-shire (Evanton).
- Dr Andrew Ian Naylor, GP, Leverburgh Surgery. For services to Healthcare on the Isle of Harris. (Harris).
- Robert Edmund Ryan, For services to weaving and the Economy on the Isle of Mull (Mull).
- Mairi Mackenzie, For voluntary services in Poolewe, Ross-shire (Achansheen, Ross and Cromarty).
- Calum Mackintosh Munro, Co-founder The Highland Cross. For services to charity in the Highlands. (Inverness-shire).
- Arnold Durham Duncan. For services to the Constabulary Court Service and the community in the Shetland Isles. (Scalloway, Shetland)
- Gerald Hugh Grant. Co-Founder The Highland Cross. For services to charity in the Highlands. (Inverness-shire)
- Jennie Brown Watson Donaldson, Volunteer Generalist Adviser, Skye and Lochalsh Citizens Advice Bureau. For Voluntary Service on the Isle of Skye. (Skye).
- Christina Margaret Ann Groundwater: For services to the Community in Orphir, Orkney. (Orphir)
- Jessie Margaret Hartley, Formerly Postmistress, Hamnavoe Post Office, For services to the Community in Burra, Shetland Isles. (Burra, Shetland).
- Valerie Dawn Johnson, Director, Frankies Fish and Chips, For services to the Food and Drink Industry in Scotland. (Brae, Shetland)
- Alastair Alexander Nicolson, For services to Cancer Research UK on the Isle of Skye (Inverness-shire)
- Helen Isobel Anne Nicolson, For services to Cancer Research UK on the Isle of Skye (Inverness-shire).
- Jeanette Robinson, For services to the community in Morvern, Argyll. (Oban, Argyll and Bute)
- Maureen Fraser. Chair, Cheerful Chesters. For voluntary service to Healthcare in Inverness. (Inverness-shire)
- The Reverend John Murdo Smith. For services to the community in the Western Isles. (North Uist, Western Isles)