In France the rest of Europe appear to be enjoying some kind of party that we weren’t invited to. Luckily, back here we have plenty of transfer business to keep us entertained!
Rangers are set to sign another high profile ex-Premier League player to play alongside Joey Barton in the Ibrox middfield, while Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic are also busy in the transfer market.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top tales…
- Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes has confirmed that goalkeeper Danny Rogers will be farmed back out on loan this season. Rogers enjoyed a successful loan year with Falkirk last season and the Bairns are keen to re-sign the Irishman for the upcoming campaign. (Various)
- McInnes has also confirmed that reported Rangers target Khalid Aucho could join the Dons on trial later this summer.
Aucho previously said he was set to join Rangers before boasting he was heading to Pittodrie for a trial. McInnes has now confirmed he is aware of the 17-times capped Uganda international and he may be Aberdeen-bound.
- Dundee defender Paul McGinn has agreed terms with Chesterfield after allowing his Dens Park contract to expire.
The right back is expected to join the English League One side on a two year deal. (Evening Telegraph)
- Dundee United have reportedly rejected a £250,000 bid for promising youngster Harry Souttar from English Premier League side Stoke City.
- Sticking with United, the recently relegated club are expected to confirm the signing of Rangers goalkeeper Cammy Bell once he completes his medical.
- Croatia international midfielder Niko Kranjcar is expected in Glasgow tomorrow to complete his medical ahead of signing for Rangers. The former Portsmouth, Spurs and QPR man will sign a two year deal with the Ibrox club. (Various)
- Millwall boss Neil Harris has denied that his star striker Lee Gregory is heading to Celtic.
Harris told South London Today: “There has been no contact from anybody. Lee is not for sale. He is under contract for another 12 months and the club have an option to extend the contract.”
QPR, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Hull are also reportedly interested in the 27-year-old who netted 27 goals last season. (South London Today)
- Rangers remain in talks with free agent Adrian Mariappa, while also stepping up their interest in Plymouth Argyle defender Curtis Nelson, as Mark Warburton continues to try to strengthen his defence. (Daily Express)
- Celtic are now odds on favourites to sign Scotland striker Steven Fletcher.
The Hoops have previously enquired about the former Sunderland man and, now that he has been released, it is believed Brendan Rodgers may try to tempt Fletcher back to Scotland. (Various)
- Aberdeen midfielder Cammy Smith has emerged as a target for Dundee United.
New Tannadice boss Ray McKinnon has already landed midfielder Stewart Murdoch from Ross County and could now swoop for the 20-year-old Aberdeen man on loan.
- Celtic are set for a £1million windfall after former Hoops midfielder Victor Wanyama completed his medical at Tottenham ahead of his £11million move from Southampton.
Celtic have a sell-on clause of 15% in the Kenyan’s contract.
- Norwich City and Crystal Palace have joined the chase for Celtic target Aaron Tshibola.
The Reading midfielder is believed to be valued at around £2million.
- Rangers are reportedly targeting Birmingham City striker James Vaughan, 27, as the man to enhance their attacking options and the Championship club are willing to let the former Everton man leave for a nominal sum. (Sun)
- Out-of-contract defender Charlie Mulgrew, 30, was not in attendance as Brendan Rodgers hosted his first Celtic training session yesterday. (Herald)
- West Brom have bid £4m for QPR’s Scotland international winger Matt Phillips, 25. (Birmingham Mail)
Latest done deals
- St Mirren have signed defender Gary MacKenzie on a one year deal.
- Young Aberdeen goalkeeper Aaron Lennox has joined Raith Rovers on a season long loan.
- Rangers captain Lee Wallace has signed a new deal at Ibrox, keeping him at the club until 2019. (Herald)
- Rangers have agreed a compensation fee with Accrington Stanley for duo Matt Crooks and Josh Windass, who will now be able to join their new team mates for training.
Defender Gary MacKenzie agrees to join the club on a one-year contract. pic.twitter.com/7Bf97dILc3
— St Mirren Official (@saintmirrenfc) June 21, 2016
South of the border
- Antonio Conte could take two members of his Italy squad to Chelsea.
Lazio wide man Antonio Candreva, 29, and Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci, 29 could switch to Stamford Bridge in a £57million move. (Sun)
- Burnley have rejected an £11.5million bid from Premier League champions Leicester City for defender Michael Keane. (Various)
- Leicester have also had two bids rejected for Watford striker Troy Deeney but could now pay £30million for the forward. (Telegraph)
- Everton are looking to sign Porto’s 24-year-old striker Vincent Aboubakar. The Cameroon international would cost around £16m. (Daily Mail)
- Liverpool could sign winger Andros Townsend, 24, just six months after he joined Newcastle. (Mirror)
- West Brom are looking to take advantage of Newcastle’s relegation by signing France midfielder Moussa Sissoko, 26. (Birmingham Mail)
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs could leave Old Trafford and take over as Nottingham Forest manager. (Mirror)