There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the adrenaline going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and the transfer window finally (finally!) open.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Celtic are interested in frozen out Ajax and South Africa international Thulani Serero, according to reports. (Press and Journal)
- Injured Rangers striker Joe Garner could be sidelined for up to three months after dislocating his shoulder (Sun)
- Caley Thistle boss Richie Foran says he has no concerns over Greg Tansey’s commitment despite speculation linking him away from the club. (Press and Journal)
- Former Ross County goalkeeper Mark Ridgers will sign for Partick Thistle in the next few days after turning his back on an American adventure. (Press and Journal)
- Aberdeen legend Willie Miller insists the Dons must keep their star players through the January transfer window as they vie with Rangers and Hearts for second place in the top flight. (Sun)
- Harry Forrester has apologised to his Rangers team-mates and supporters for failing to play in Joe Dodoo during the Old Firm defeat at Ibrox. (Daily Express)
- Craig Storie has joined St Mirren on loan
South of the Border
- Scotland midfielder Robert Snodgrass rejected Hull City’s offer of a new contract because it failed to give “enough security for me and my family”. (Various)
- Real Madrid will make a summer move for Tottenham’s England midfielder Dele Alli, 20. (Mirror)
- Arsenal are preparing a £28m bid for 26-year-old Bosnia midfielder Miralem Pjanic of Juventus. (Sun)
- Marseille have contacted West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet’s representatives about the possibility of re-signing the 29-year-old France international this month. (La Provence)
- Chelsea’s 29-year-old Nigeria midfielder John Mikel Obi, who is yet to play this season, has agreed a deal in principle to join Valencia (Independent)
Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes is confident he can convince his key players to stay at Pittodrie.
The January window will be an anxious time for the Aberdeen supporters with two of their most important players already linked with moves away from Pittodrie.
Hearts are reportedly interested in midfielder Niall McGinn, who is coming to the end of his contract, while Cardiff City have been linked with a £500,000 move for attacking midfielder Jonny Hayes, who has 18 months remaining on his contract.