Why not round-off Veganuary in sweet style with these delicious superfood blondies?
Move over brownies, the blondies have arrived.
If you haven’t tried them yet, blondies are very like brownies in appearance and texture, but just without the chocolate intensity.
Soft and gooey, made with just a few ingredients and deliciously nutty, these may even become one of your favourite desserts of 2022!
This recipe was supplied by Naturya which specialises in organic and vegan superfoods.
If you are interested in more baking and desserts, be sure to check out our other Sweet Treats recipes.
Vegan superfood blondies
Makes 12 slices
- 225g vegan butter
- 150-175g Naturya coconut sugar
- 125g Naturya cashew and hazelnut spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan/350F/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vegan butter and the coconut sugar.
- Fold in the cashew and hazelnut spread and the vanilla extract.
- Mix together the remaining dry ingredients, then fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, along with the chopped macadamia.
- Evenly spread into a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once evenly baked, allow to rest for 30 minutes before removing from the tray and portioning.
- Drizzle with more Naturya cashew and hazelnut spread once cooled and enjoy.